Best Brunch Spots To Visit In Manchester (Post-Lockdown)
Hey It-Girls! So, now that we're almost halfway through March, I've started thinking more and more about all the places I want to visit once lockdown is lifted. Living in Manchester, I've completely fallen in love with the brunch scene we have here, especially in Northern Quarter. So for this post, I thought I'd share some of my favourite spots in the city. From healthy and hearty to full on indulgent, I'm sharing all my top menu recommendations from the best brunch spots in Manchester.
1. ANOTHER HEART TO FEED
Okay so this first spot is one I visited with a friend last spring/summer when we were briefly allowed out of lockdown and I haven't stopped talking about it since! A relatively new addition to the Northern Quarter brunch scene, I really loved the chill vibes and great service they had to offer. I love a twist on a classic meal and Another Heart To Feed does this with a flourish; complete with great presentation and locally-sourced ingredients.
- French Toast: Croissant loaf French toast with vanilla mascarpone, cinnamon streusel, fresh berries, maple syrup & bee pollen
2. MOOSE COFFEE
If you've never been to Moose Coffee, do you even live in Manchester? This place is not for the faint-hearted; come with a full appetite and prepare for a bustling atmosphere. What's on the menu? Think about the fluffiest American-style pancakes you've ever eaten drizzled in the sweetest Canadian maple syrup you've ever tasted. That's Moose Coffee. Bringing American/Canadian-style breakfast to hungry Manchester foodies is what they do effortlessly.
- Grande Bouche: Moose French Toast. Two pieces of sweet brioche bread griddled in a homemade egg and vanilla batter. Served with crispy streaky bacon and maple syrup.
- Double Dutch: Two large homemade Moose pancakes mixed with chopped smoked sausage and streaky bacon. Topped with two free range Moose style fried eggs, Served with butter & maple syrup.
3. THE REMEDY KITCHEN
If you're a health-conscious foodie looking for the fresh, fine quality brunch meals, this place is fantastic. Forget what you know about 'healthy eating' being bland because their food is far from it! I also don't think I've ever been to a brunch spot with such stunning food plating. Every moment is an experience from first glance to first bite. With a fabulous selection of free-from, veggie and vegan options, this is one spot where you can be sure all your friends will leave satisfied.
- Remedy Royale: poached eggs on baked flatbread, served with smoked salmon, wilted spinach, poppy seeds, dairy free hollandaise & wild herb oil
- Protein Pancakes: fluffy pancakes made with vegan protein, fresh berries, coconut yoghurt, berry
compote, maple syrup, toasted almonds, lemon balm
- Warm Chocolate Brownie: rich vegan brownie made with dark chocolate served warm with dairy free ice cream and date syrup
- Turmeric Latte (with your choice of oat milk, coconut milk, almond milk or cashew milk)